Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thoughts on Being a Mama

Ever since I was a little kid I always wanted to be a Mom.  There were times that I wanted to be veterinarian, a teacher, a social worker, a nurse....I could just never find my niche.  I couldn't pass chemestry, I tried teaching to littles and it wasn't for me, after working in my field of social work for 3 years...nope that wasn't it either. 

When I was pregnant with my son I knew I wanted to stay home but I figured I'd eventually go back to work once he was old enough to start school.  It was always in the back of my mind those 9 months of what will I do when I will go back?  What am I going to be when I grow up?!  I'm already grown for peat's sake!!  Shouldn't I have figured this out already and have it all together?

When my son was born something clicked.  As I became more confident being a Mom and being home, I realized THIS is what I want to be when I grow up!  I'm good at this!  I feel challenged, comfortable, creative, and appreciated in this role (even when its not always shown I know that I'm appreciated).  I know that when this season is gone.  And my child(ren) are grown that I will find a new role/career.  But until then I'm savoring all the moments I can because this is the happiest and most content I've ever been. 

It isn't always rainbows and sunshine, WE have our bad days and moments.  I can get just as ugly as he can when we're just having an off day.  But you can't have the good without the bad.  I've made my fair share of mistakes as a Mom but I'm learning.    I am so very gratefull that I am a Mom and that I finally found my niche.

                                                                    Photo by my brother.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes Erin! Totally agree with you. Being a mommy is the most wonderful/hard thing I have ever had the joy of experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are telling my life story! I was a social worker for 3 years as well before I had my first son (the first of three!) and I too feel like I have finally found my niche as a stay-at-home mom. I think people assume that it's not a desirable position to be in, but I feel like the luckiest person in the world! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete