Saturday, October 2, 2010

Its Been Awhile

I haven't blogged since June, I'm such a bad blogger!!  I just haven't been in the mood nor really had a ton of time.  It has been a very busy summer indeed.  There's been lots of cooking, crafting, and thrifting (I LOVE garage sales!).

Connor has mastered the crawl and loves to be chased!  He's pretty well mastered pulling up to stand and is now starting to cruise.  Its really exciting to see his world open up even more even though I don't get near enough done like I used to.  We've enjoyed lots of walks to the riverfront this summer.  Its not the beach thats for sure, but it is peaceful to watch nonetheless.

I've been kinda in a funk the past couple of months that I've been trying to get out of.  Think I've been feeling isolated out here in my small town.  I know I need to let things go a bit more at the house to get out there and meet more families and just enjoy the day with my favorite little guy.  Its just really hard for me to do that, I feel guilty when I don't feel like I've worked 'hard enough'.  I think its just adjusting to a new career of Domestic Engineering.  I'm also still adjusting to mommyhood and the stress that comes with it.  I've been trying to direct all the stressful and funky energy into creating, whether it be cooking or crafting. 

This summer has been full of making and creating.  I've been cooking tons, making most of our food from scratch to save money.  I've been crafting like crazy, too.  My list of items made include:  a sweater for Connor (so so proud of it!), cart cover, cloth diapers, rattle for Connor, and cards!  So I decided that I would open an etsy shop to sell some of my creations.  Maybe earn a little "Mad Money" for those times when a little retail therapy is needed.  I do love thrifting!!

When you get a chance, check out my store!  I'll be adding more things soon!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/erinmaria

Here are some new pics of my soon-to-be 10 month old!!  A lil over 2 months till the big birthday, can't believe it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment